Tuesday 31 January 2012

Hi Again:

I was checking the spelling and must have touched the wrong button and the post was published so here I am continuing where I left off. At the basilica they did some digging and found some treasures that are in the museum. One of the treasures found was a house and our guide at the museum showed us how it would have been lived in with the animals also lower down in the cave. I will send one picture as the family lived close to the door and when we hear the story of the person who knocks on the door asking for some bread the owner of the house says I cannot open the door for my children are sleeping that is the case for they would be sleeping close the door.

Each day we celebrate mass somewhere and take turns as to who is the celebrant and the homilist. Next door to Annunciation is the basilica of St. Joseph where we celebrated mass. After mass in what I thought was a beautiful church and seeing the grotto below we went back to Annunciation to spend some time there. It was a cold and wet day so we spent more time inside yesterday. After Nazareth we drove a short distance to Cana of Galilee but stopped at Mary's well which is in Greek Orthodox church with some beautiful icons and paintings on the walls and ceilings. It was dark and busy at the church for even now in January there are buses of pilgrims like our tour that are here in the Holy Land. I am amazed at all the different languages that I have heard in the last few days. Off to Cana we went.

I have just brought you up to last night and fading so will send a few pictures and let you know tomorrow night if I have the chance what we saw in this lower Galilee area.

Fr. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment