Friday 16 January 2015

Good Evening from Fort Nelson

I arrived here in the early afternoon to a sunny warm day. It was an early start to the day though a lovely day to be flying with clear skies all the way. Thank you to Patty and Gus who brought me to the airport this morning.

I was impressive to see the mountains and the rivers flying in the province. One can sure tell the impact that the oil and gas industry has before Fort St. John and all the way up to Fort Nelson. Seeing all the roads, pipelines and sites where a well has been dug from the air.

I was picked up by one of the parishioners Vern and he showed me around the community after lunch. We saw the church on the reserve, Sacred Heart Parish and here in town Our Lady of Sorrows Parish. I will take some pictures in the days to come to show you. Met some of the parishioners this evening. Will shovel some snow in the morning on the walkways and steps from the other day.

Fr. Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment